Although a lot has been said about cellulite being caused by a build up of toxins, the product of a sluggish lymphatic system, water retention etc. there is not really any evidence to support this. Research on cellulite shows that it is ordinary fat that is pulled into an irregular pattern by tight fibrous bands that connect it to the underlying muscle. Most women tend to store fat on their thighs and the more fat you store there, the more likely you are to have a problem with cellulite. However, slim women also get cellulite because being slim doesn’t necessarily mean the fibrous connective bands will be arranged in a smooth, regular way. There are two main purposes of this 45 minute cellulite massage treatment:
- Improve skin smoothness and elasticity.
- Loosen up the connective tissue so that the fat layer is smoother.
Breakdown of treatment
- Dry skin brushing: The treatment starts with skin brushing to improve circulation and exfoliate.
- Exfoliation: the exfoliation process is continued with a body scrub. Exfoliation improves the appearance of the skin and helps it to absorb the oils in the following step.
- Swedish massage with essential oil blend: this step uses standard Swedish massage strokes using lemon, grapefruit and juniper essential oils. These oils act as anti-oxidants, stimulate circulation and tone the skin.
- Massage with a cellulite massage nodule brush: this brush is designed to work into the connective tissue layer. Circular movements with the brush are combined with smoothing hand strokes.
- Swedish massage with essential oils to finish: the last step is another set of Swedish strokes to smooth and calm the skin.
For best results, the treatment should be weekly. However, less frequent treatments are still beneficial to skin health and smoothness, as well as relaxing the leg muscles.
£28 for a 45 minute treatment
£150 for a course of 6 x 45 minute treatments
£25 when added to a back & shoulder massage (90 minutes / £50 in total)
Book a cellulite massage
Book either a 45 minute cellulite massage, or a 1 hour 30 minutes back and shoulder massage plus cellulite massage.
Fill out the enquiry form and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can with available appointments, alternatively contact me using any of the contact details below the form:
Phone: 07835 346476
Body Benefits location:
1 Albra Mead